This innovative work is based on the motif of the Ita, a traditional shallow, flat wooden tray. The skill to handcraft them has been handed down from generation to generation in the Saru River basin of Hokkaido. Their texture and design evoke a soft, cloth-like feel.
Each piece is handmade and has a unique texture.
Artist: Toru Kaizawa
Material: Wood (Elm tree/Buried wood)
Size: 11.8" x 11.8"
Weight: 2.48 lb w/package
- Wipe with a dry, soft cloth.
- Washing with water is not recommended.
- Not suitable for use in dishwashers or microwaves.
- When the oil begins to dry on the surface, apply walnut oil or beeswax.
- When storing, avoid warm, damp conditions and warm, flowing air such as from heaters.