Order-made: it takes approximately 3 months
Since ancient times, the traditional manufacture of Nibutani-ita has been passed down generations in the Saru River Basin. These flat, shallow trays are made from woods such as katsura and walnut, and are characterized by designs featuring Ainu patterns such as morew-noka, ayus-noka, and sik-noka, with the gaps filled by scale-like patterns engraved into the items, known as ramram-noka.
Each piece is handmade and has a unique texture.
Artist: Mamoru Kaizawa
Material: wood (walnut)
Size: 11.8" x 11.8"
Weight: 1.5 lb w/package
- Wipe with a dry, soft cloth.
- Washing with water is not recommended.
- Not suitable for use in dishwashers or microwaves.
- When the oil begins to dry on the surface, apply walnut oil or beeswax.
- When storing, avoid warm, damp conditions and warm, flowing air such as from heaters.