- Never soak in water for a long time.
- For its long life, clean with water immediately after use and dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or leave in a humid environment, otherwise it may cause warping, discoloration or become moldy.
- When any oily object touches or leaves a fingerprint on the surface, carefully wipe with a soft cloth or paper.
- Do not use scrubbing brush, polish powder or dishwasher for cleaning.
- Limit daily maintenance to gently wiping the surface of the product with a dry cloth.
- If you find a small scratch unattractive or bothersome, thoroughly soak a cloth with a neutral delicate cream for leather and apply it evenly into the surface. Use only after testing the cream on a hidden patch of material.
- In order to make the most of the natural texture of leather, we use tactilely rich natural dyeing whenever possible.
*We do not dye our products more than its necessary, thus we are unable to use anti color bleeding finish. As such, color loss or fading may occur due to rubbing of materials, including with perspiration or water.
Precautions for use: While the fabrics FUMIKODA uses are very durable, please observe the following to extend the enjoyment of your product in like-new condition:
- Store your product out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry place that is well ventilated.
- Wiping your product periodically with a dry cloth is, generally, the only upkeep required. For heavy stains, wipe affected areas with a soft towel that has been soaked in a diluted solution of mild detergent and water. Rinse the towel in water, wring well to remove any residual detergent from your product.
- As suede-effect materials may fade due to friction or heat, keep them away from light-colored items.
Precautions when using accessory products: Our accessories are hand crafted by artisans and are very delicate. As such, improper use may lead to damage, warping or other issues. We ask that you please be cognizant of the following:
- Repeatedly opening and closing bangles and overstretching products can cause metal to weaken.
- Decorative elements on accessories that are exposed to dampness may detach from their metal fittings.
The vivid turquoise blue detailing used in some of our products, such as bags and bar accessories, is an item called Orii-blue that was created by traditional artisan Koji Orii from Takaoka-Doki, a copper that boasts a history of over 400 years. As each item is colored via a manual process, hues and patterning will vary. Depending on use, these items may change in color or shape over time.
- A small amount of neutral cleanser or shampoo into a cup, adding luke warm water to mix, soak the brush hair into it and wash by gentle shake motion.
- When the cosmetic on tip of the brush hair is insisted, wash gently push it out, after the cosmetic is gone rinse with lukewarm water few times.
- Be careful to wash cleanser or shampoo completely out, if it doesn't rinse enough then it may cause hair loss or breakage.
- After dry the brush, please make sure that it is completely dry out inside
KOIZUMIYA Care Instructions
- After washing with a soft sponge dipped in neutral detergent, wipe off the water with a dry cloth.
- Do not use a scrubbing brush (metal, nylon, etc.) as it may cause scratches and discoloration.
For tin items
- Wash with a mild detergent using a soft sponge.
- Any abrasive materials, wire wool or brushes should not be used as surfaces may be scratched.
- Do not put an item over a fire nor use it in microwave as the melting point is low.
- Refrain from storing in the refrigerator more than 30 minutes or in the freezer to avoid deterioration of the material.
- Not suitable for use in dishwashing or drying machines.
- Excessive bending and changing shapes may lead to cracks and breakage of the item.
- Do not change the shape or leave an item in water, and be sure to dry it well after use, as gold leaf may flake off.
- Wipe with a soft cloth after use.
- To avoid patina, wipe off water drops on a moss planter after watering.
- Never put cut flower preservatives in vases as this may cause discoloring.
- Wipe with a soft cloth after use.
- Do not use brushes or metal polishers.
- Although clear coating is applied on items, the color may slightly change over the years.
- The slip for catching wind is made of Japanese paper which is water resistant but not waterproof. It is recommended to place wind chimes indoors when the wind blows strongly.