Aomori Hiba is ranked amongst the top three beautiful forest trees, alongside Kiso Hinoki and Akita Sugi. The Aomori Hiba, a Coniferous plant of the Cypress family, produces a great amount of Hinokitiol that has excellent antibacterial, antifungal and insect repellant properties. The scent is believed to have a calming and relaxing effect.
Size: φ1.01XH 2.54 in; 10ml
Scientific Name: Thujopsis dolabrata
Family: Hinoki Family
Place of Origin: Japan (Aomori Prefecture)
Extraction Material: Lumber
Extraction Type: Steam Distillation
- Do not apply directly to skin. Do not drink. When using on skin, dilute to 1-2% with vegetable oil such as jojoba oil or argan oil. (One drop from a bottle of our essential oil = approx. 0.05 ml)
- Some citrus essential oils (e.g., Yuzu), when diluted and applied to the skin, may cause skin damage if exposed to sunlight while on the skin. Avoid sunlight for at least 12 hours after using these essential oils.
- Pregnant, nursing women, and children under 3 years old should use it only as an aromatic bath. For children over 3 years old and the elderly, use at a concentration less than half of that for adults.
- Essential oils are flammable. Do not use near fire.
- Do not store in high temperatures. Essential oils will oxidize if exposed to air or placed in high temperatures. Store in a dark and cool place. Citrus essential oils should be used within six months after opening, and other essential oils should be used within one year after opening.
- Do not apply our essential oils on petroleum products such as plastic. When using the product by dripping, please use glass, unglazed pottery, ceramics, wooden objects, cloth, paper, etc.